Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12:38 PM

The hip-hop star and his wife are embarking on a dietary journey that will end on Christmas Day. 'I don't know what happens after ... we'll see,' Jay wrote in a blog post.


Power couple Beyonce and Jay Z are taking on a challenge to eat a ‘plant-based’ vegan diet for 22 days, Jay said in a blog post.

The meat of American royalty, Beyonce and Jay Z, have decided to go vegan.
"On December 3rd, one day before my 44th birthday I will embark on a 22 Days challenge to go completely vegan, or as I prefer to call it, plant-based!!" the rapper wrote in a blog post on his Life + Times website.
"Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit," he wrote. "On the 22nd day, you've found the way."
Queen Bey will also be joining her husband on the journey as they find their way.
PHOTOS: JAY-Z AND BEYONCE
"This all began a few months back when a good friend and vegan challenged me to embrace a 'plant-based breakfast' every day," HOV added. "It was surprisingly easier on me than I thought."
The couple embarked on abstaining from any animal or dairy products, including the exclusion of meat, fish or really anything that comes from an animal, on Tuesday. They intend to continue this dietary commitment straight through to the Nativity.
"Why now?" he wrote. "There's something spiritual to me about it being my 44th birthday and the serendipity behind the number of days in this challenge; 22 (2+2=4) coupled with the fact that the challenge ends on Christmas day … It just feels right!"
He refers to a friend named Marco, who may be behind the inspiration of the diet that toggles between a "spiritual and physical cleanse." And the music mogul seems firm in his stance of seeing it through with his wife by his side.
PHOTOS: JAY-Z & BEYONCE'S BIG NIGHT
"I will post my progress," he assured before bidding the assistance of his plant-based foodie devotees. "Any professional vegans out there that have any great food spots please help out! Please ha."
Jay also professed that his dietary shift is only momentary, as the final outcome is still unclear.
"I don't know what happens after Christmas," he confessed. "A semi-vegan, a full plant-based diet? Or just a spiritual and physical challenge? We'll see."
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment